Mission Statement

Northeastern University co-op students will utilize the resources provided by the YMCA (Wang/Hyde Park) and Sport in Society to establish sustainable programs and partnerships with Boston Youth organizations in an effort to increase the collective impact on middle school youth.















Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Busy Week

This has been a busy week for me here at Sport in Society. On Monday, I completed a summary of all of the things that I have done in my time here, as well as a self-job description for the next co-op. This was a fun activity, as I got to look back on all my fond memories from my time here. I also have been working on a report on our social media with James. We finished the report last week, and now we are working on a PowerPoint presentation, which we will present at the staff meeting this Thursday.

Today, me and Kristen have a meeting with Justine Siegal regarding a new program that we are in the process of developing. I don't want to give away too many details until it is more finalized, but I believe that this program has the potential to be very helpful to many athletes.

On Friday, the rest of the staff and myself will be competing in a kickball tournament with Playworks. I haven't played kickball since elementary school, so it will be very exciting to get out on the diamond for some friendly competition. In general our staff is very competitive, which makes me feel quite confident about our chances for success!

No comments:

Post a Comment